Which Version for Absolut Beginner?

Hernan M. Foffani hfoffani at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 07:02:51 EST 2001

"Fred Flintsone" <__x__ll at yahoo.com> escribió:

> I did download the 2.1.1 but noticed afterwards a suggestion for me to
> d/l "ActiveState," which is a larger d/l, so I'm assuming it has
> important goodies bundled in it.

Having full text search on the documentations is important for newbies
as they usually don't know where to find the explanation they need.

The ActiveState package has many more things included that you may or
may not use or need. It includes the Python docs in MS html help format.

If the standard distribution you downloaded is enough for you so far,
you may found the "Python Shelf" (a collection of python related docs)
useful. Check it out at http://www.orgmf.com.ar/condor/pytstuff.html

Regards,
-Hernan