SGMLParser error on HTML comment

George Thomas george at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 18 12:27:09 EST 2001

Hi,
Here are the opening lines of the file.
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<!-- JHTML starts
-------------------------------------------------------->

<!-- page paramaters --------->
<!-- import beans --------->
<declareparam name="browseCategoryId" class=="java.lang.String"
              description="Current browse category">

<!- URL to this page -->

<!- Name of the key parameter used for search/browse -->

  <!-  Send a Views Item event that we browsed this category -->

<head>

I'd appreciate any fix/workaround. The 4DOM parser also had similar
issues, if I remember right. I tried trapping the SGMLParseError, but now
I have to find a way to quell the traceback.

rgds and thanks
George Thomas
'wIjwI'
Resident,Planet Earth,Third Rock from the Sun