"<!" in SGMLParser - an error ?

Amit Weisman weismann at netvision.net.il
Fri Nov 9 17:25:48 EST 2001

I followed your "orders" and defined
def handle_comment(self , com) :
But after running the parser for few days , I encountered this error message

File "C:\PYTHON21\linksExtractor.py", line 29, in activateAndClear
    self.feed(str)
  File "C:\Python21\lib\sgmllib.py", line 91, in feed
    self.goahead(0)
  File "C:\Python21\lib\sgmllib.py", line 158, in goahead
    k = self.parse_declaration(i)
  File "C:\Python21\lib\sgmllib.py", line 238, in parse_declaration
    raise SGMLParseError(
SGMLParseError: unexpected char in declaration: '<'

I can only guess The parser met a "< " and not a "<!" - But I don't know
enough to be sure .
What should I do to avoid it ?
What is it ?

Thanks