Teaching python (programming) to children

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Nov 7 18:14:46 CET 2001

Steve Holden wrote:

> > The fact that Ada is the only language that truly was designed,
> [...]
> Please. This sweeping generalisation lays all your other arguments waste.

oh, give him a little slack.  it might be true that the computer science
department at his university isn't exactly the best one in Sweden (hardly
his fault), but he has a point there: Ada wasn't just designed once, but

unlike e.g. Scheme, which we all know was discovered, not designed.

(and we all know that the van Rossum's don't know anything about
design ;-)