data size

Michael Hudson mwh at
Sat Nov 10 16:47:57 CET 2001

Martin von Loewis <loewis at> writes:

> i.e. 12 bytes per entry. With three keys, the dictionary will have
> eight entries in 2.0, giving 96 bytes of entries.

Actually, I think in 2.0 the dict will have four entries.  I realise
this isn't what the code claim{s,ed}, but for the sake of pedantry...

(I only remember this because it led to obscure bugs in the
compiler in 2.1 betas...)

generally-in-awe-at-your-thoroughness-ly y'rs,

  I never realized it before, but having looked that over I'm certain
  I'd rather have my eyes burned out by zombies with flaming dung
  sticks than work on a conscientious Unicode regex engine.
                                             -- Tim Peters, 3 Dec 1998