Problem formatting Python docs with MikTeX

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Mon Nov 5 13:02:15 EST 2001

Michael Abbott wrote:

> Unfortunately, the import of manual.cls shows that I have a serious
> problem: the TEXINPUTS path is evidently being searched (by MixTex) in the
> wrong order.  There is a manual.cls in my Python texinputs directory, but
> MikTeX is kindly picking up the version in its own distribution.  (Note
> that the TEXINPUTS path clearly *is* being successfully searched later on.)
>
> Ouch!
>
> Any suggestions on how to proceed?  The only hack I can think of is to take
> all the files in the Python directory, hunt down any aliases in the MikTeX
> directory and destroy or hide them.  Not pretty.

I don't remember the details, but when I went to build some of the
Python docs on my Mac with OzTeX, I just put manual.cls in the same
directory as the docs. That way I din't have to mess with TEXINPUTS or
anything. Whether this makes sense depends on what you wnat to do. I was
only editing the Ma moduels reference at the time.

All in all, the whole package works a flawlessly on *nix, so I ended up
doing all the work on my Linux box.

Good lcuk,

-Chris

--