ssl error

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Mon Nov 19 05:59:23 EST 2001

> Reid Nichol
> Gerhard Häring wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 17, 2001 at 01:40:22PM -0600, Reid Nichol wrote:
> >> I got a client/server app that I am triing to build and am having
> >> problems.
> >> [snip]
> >
> > The Python builtin SSL doesn't support servers, but only SSL clients.
> >
> > On my homepage (see sig), you can find a short, unfinished overview of
> the
> > available alternatives. Use the "Python/SSL" link. I'd probably go for
> > M2Crypto.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Gerhard
>
> Do you know if there is any plans to fix this issue?
>
> -----
> If you truly love the memory, you must set it free()!

We've got a working version.  You can have our code if you like.
You too Gerhard Häring, if you like. Goodness gracious, a discussion
about this on python-devel.   We're all too damn busy writing code
to be an advocate for our own code, and besides, somebody may have
done it better.  Would it be possible to give our code to somebody
competant who can make sure that we either get to be the new
standard (unlikely but possible) or any good ideas we came up
with that nobody else has  makes it into the new standard?  I've
already got enough work for 3 whole lifetimes, as does everybody
else around here, but if the idea of handing this to somebody does
not fly, on the 'defend your own code, idiot' protocol, _somebody_
from around here will have to.  And the man who wrote most of this
was a summer intern, and is supposed to be being a student now.

Laura Creighton