newbie: selecting text by script in Tkinter fails

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at
Tue Nov 6 18:30:57 CET 2001

    JdB> part of a search-option I would like to add. For people who
    JdB> think they're suffering from deja-vu or something: I have
    JdB> posted a question quite similar to this one a few days ago,
    JdB> but no-one seemed to be able to or want to answer.  (maybe a
    JdB> classical case of RTFM? If so, please tell me where to find
    JdB> that FM!! :)

I guess its hard for people to follow what your exact problem is
without a small script that illustrates the problem.  Maybe you can
write a 10 line piece of code that illustrates what you tried and mail