DDE Client?

David Brady daves_spam_dodging_account at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 01:20:48 CET 2001

Hi all,

Recently I asked how Python could be used to perform
DDE, and the answer I got was something like "check
out win32all", which I have done.  I am now at wit's

I have an application running that has a DDE server in
it.  I know the name of server, the topic, and the
item I want to retrieve from it.  I imagine from
reading ActiveState's documentation that if I have a
PyDDEConv object handy, I can call its
Connect(server,topic) method to get the topic, from
which I can get an item, from which I can make

So, the question of the hour is, how in the heck do I
get a PyDDEConv object in the first place?

David Brady
daves_spam_dodging_account at yahoo.com
I'm feeling very surreal today... or *AM* I?

Do You Yahoo!?