Python IDE Opinion Request

Daniel Klein danielk at aracnet.com
Sun Nov 18 16:40:32 CET 2001

I was disappointed with the Python mode of VSE. The one thing that turned me off was the 'View >
Function Headings"; it doesn't show the 'class' lines, so if there are 10 classes in a module, each
with an '__init__' method, you will see all the '__init__' methods but won't know which class they
belong to. Likewise for any other method that appears in more than one class.

I've submitted this as a 'bug' to MicroEdge, they've acknowledged it and said it would be fixed in a
future release, but I'm dubious that this will recieve a very high priority.

Sorry, I can't provide advise on other IDE's as I have only used IDLE and Komodo to date.

Daniel Klein