update forms 2.0 TextBox

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 11 11:52:59 EST 2001

Anyone out there know how to force a repaint of a Forms 2.0 Text box
using win32com.

I have an embedded TextBox in an excel spreadsheet. My python is
controlling setting values and recalculating the spreadsheet and I would
like to write a simultaneous log in the textbox.

In a former version this all happened automatically, but after being
forced to convert to office 2000 I find that the text only updates when
the macro has stopped running which is a bit pointless if useful
information is present.

I have tried various things (eg tb.Repaint, tb.Refresh) which appear to
be referred to in the copious and confusing documentation, but nothing
seems to work.
--
Robin Becker