Sockets and messaging services

Stephen shriek at gmx.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 00:19:44 EST 2001

I have a CGI script which takes a HTTP request then sends
a message to a custom server built on top of SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer.
Not that there is much chance of webserver CGI saturating the latter,
but does Python have a messaging framework, similar to JMS for Java ?
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Networking/messaging/

Also in testing my socket server, I have noticed that if a process
opens a socket (S) and the process is destroyed before closing the
socket (S.close()), then the socket server gives an error
"error: (10054, 'Connection reset by peer')".
What happens with the server threads that were handling the sockets ?
(I am using SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer)

Stephen