Non-Indented python

Rainer Deyke root at rainerdeyke.com
Fri Nov 23 01:34:49 EST 2001

"Dave Cinege" <dcinege at psychosis.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday 22 November 2001 1:06, you wrote:
> > Tabs should not be displayed as spaces at all.  I'm inclined to say that
> > any editor that does display them as spaces is broken.
>
> Here on earth, tabs are typically represented by 8 * space width.
> A good editor allows to set the mutiple to anything you desire.

If your editor does not show the difference between tabs and spaces, your
editor is lying to you.

> A very bad editor will display a tab as a symbol, in raw form, or not at
> all. Maybe you use one of these?

Actually, I just press '/<tab>' a lot, which causes tabs on VIM to light up.
There is a "proper" way to change the appearance of tabs, but I'm too lazy
(for now) to use it.

> If what you mean is, you press the tab key and the editor
> inserts X * spaces then yes this is the most evil form of blasphamy.

If you press <tab> at all (not counting alt-tab to switch contexts and
such), you are spreading a disease that must be wiped off the earth.  Only
when the last of your miserable breed has drowned in his own vomit will I be
able to sleep peacefully.  Death to the <tab> users!  Death to the <tab>
users!

--
Rainer Deyke (root at rainerdeyke.com)
Shareware computer games           -           http://rainerdeyke.com