GUI toolkit

John D. Gorman jdgorman at
Thu Nov 15 07:28:31 CET 2001

   If you've tinkered with wxPython, you should definitely check out the
bundled demo as well as some of the developer tools.   Things
to look at:
- Cameron Laird's collection of links:

wxPython related tools:
- Boa Constructor:

- wxDesigner

For simple tasks,  I'm kinda partial to Boa Constructor & wxPython.
I was able to get an analytical chemist with no prior programming
up and building usable GUIs in a matter of hours. (Of course, I
had to supply the callback  routines, but what do you want for nothing
The resulting codes run fine on both RedHat7.2 & Win2K.  Moreover,
they look mighty impressive to customers used to dealing with shrink-
wrapped software.

John Gorman