Porting Python app ( with C,F77,F90 extensions ) from UNIX to Windows - best method?

Herb Schilling sshws at fury1.lerc.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 30 12:11:12 EST 2001

Hello,

 I have a Python application running on IRIX that I would like to make
available to some academic partners.

 They use PCs so I have to port all of the extensions that I use to
Windows. These extensions are C, F77, and F90 codes that I wrapped
with SWIG and f2py.

( I don't think this matters a lot to my question but my app also
 makes use of wxPython, Numeric and PyOpenGL. )

I would then like to take all of my Python code and extensions and
make an installer to make it easy for our partners.

I have been doing a lot of searching and reading of web pages and
Usenet posts looking for other people's experiences when doing this
kind of thing. Right now it looks like I could use mingw32 to do what
I want but I still feel unsure. I would hate to go down that path and
then find a dead end. I would prefer to avoid using Microsoft's tools
because I have no experience with them.

 Does anyone forsee any problems using mingw32? ( What about my f90
 code? mingw32 doesn't seem to come with an f90 compiler. ) Thanks in advance.