Using Python with a webserver

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Nov 30 17:39:43 EST 2001

"Sam Scholey" <scholey at totalise.co.uk> wrote ...
> Hey Folks
>
> I was interested in the prospect of using python with my webserver but a
> search on the python site and on deja produced virtually zero results. Can
> it be done? is it as easy as editing a few lines of code in the apache
> httpd.conf file?
>
> I am using Windows xp pro, apache 1.3.22 (for windows)

Sam:

If I remember correctly, no config changes are required for Python cgi
scripts in the cgi-bin directory. You just have to put the correct shebang
line at the head of the Python, which in my case was something like

C:\Python20\python -u

The -u gives you unbuffered output, which is useful in many contexts.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/