Using browser as interface to python app

goonfist sg_oneill at
Tue Nov 13 07:32:41 CET 2001

"Bill Bell" <bill-bell at> wrote in message news:<mailman.1005589816.8841.python-list at>...
> sandskyfly at (Sandy Norton)
> > I'm simply trying to use the browser as an interface to a small python
> > program that retrieves and parses webpages and then publishes the
> > results in an html page. I would like for example for the user to be
> > able to configure the app via the browser (by selecting checkboxes and
> > whatnot) without having to use a command-line menu or a full blown GUI
> > such as wxPython or Tkinter.
> Have you considered using Webware ( I
> can't tell you anything about it since I've just started learning about
> it myself. 400K download. Looks really cool.
> Bill
> "It is the time that you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."--St-Exupery

Failing that , you could just whack together a CGI (or ASP-python if
yer in  windows world).

Both of those solutions implement reasonably easy access to get & post
variables , and you just write out the results to a file (or pipe or