Benefits of moving from Python to Common Lisp?

Michael Hudson mwh at
Tue Nov 13 11:14:32 CET 2001

"Andrew Dalke" <dalke at> writes:

> Tim Bradshaw:
> > Languages such as Perl and (I think) Python are *single instance*
> > classes - there is only one implementation, and the language
> > is defined implicitly by that implementation.
> As a minor clarification, there are several distinct implementations
> of Python (or a Python-like language).  The ones I know of are:

But they very much take their lead from CPython, so Tim's points all
remain valid.  Well, except for vyper, but that doesn't have enough
influence to count (perhaps unfortunately).

  That one is easily explained away as massively intricate
  conspiracy, though.            -- Chris Klein, alt.sysadmin.recovery