The Ideals of a Python Hacker (was: Poll Results)

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Fri Nov 30 11:04:08 EST 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> > Jonathan Gardner <jgardn at alumni.washington.edu> wrote, in part:
> > > They'd have to be [young]. I can't seem to find a place to get paid to work in
> > > Python yet. I can't imagine a guy with 3 kids trying to make a living
> > > by programming python unless he is the rare guy that has a job in it.
>
>    I am 34 yo, with exactly 3 children. For more than 5 years I earn living
> by Web programing using Python and ONLY Python (I mean Python as a
> programming language; of course I use SQL, write JavaScript, but not Perl,
> for example.)

 I'm 49, omnivorous, married, with 3 children, 2 dogs and 1 cat,
programming mostly in Python, C and Lisp, with a little dabbling
in Java, C++ and Objective-C.  And all those youngsters I met at
the very first Python workshop are all about 10 years older now.

-- Steve Majewski