Non-Indented python

Peter Mayne Peter.Mayne at
Tue Nov 27 08:44:51 CET 2001

"Chris Tavares" <christophertavares at> wrote in message
news:R2oL7.4488$eT3.447925 at
> "Dave Cinege" <dcinege at> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1006474590.24778.python-list at
> > Commandment #2
> > Thou shalt terminate thy line with but one byte. Let he who hath
> > understanding recognize the number of the byte, 0xA0. Death to thee who
> > terminates thine with any other byte!
> >
> > You use a defective OS built with defective editors. REPENT!
> >
> > Dave
> >
> It sounds like somebody is overdue for a visit from the cult

Indeed. And what of those of us who have used operating systems with
record-based (rather than stream-based) filesystems, where the text files
don't require any line terminators at all? Far from defective, I assure you.

Not to mention Unicode encodings.

Peter Mayne
IBM GSA (but the opinions are mine)
Canberra, ACT, Australia