Standard download for "current version" for various platforms?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Sun Nov 18 14:49:53 EST 2001

I'm trying to write a step-by-step guide on how to download and
install the most recent version of Python for various platforms,
but the layout of the web pages seems to change a bit from
version to version... (For instance, I wrote that one could
follow the link named RPMs from the download page, but that has
been moved to the margin.)

One thing that would be useful is something like having a
"current" directory in the FTP server, containing source,
binaries, rpms etc. Then one could have a fixed URL which always
would point to the most recent version for a given platform.

Does something like this exist already?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                           The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                           http://anygui.sf.net