Should I use threads here?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Nov 29 10:13:00 EST 2001

"Era Akost" <era_akost at yahoo.de> wrote in message
news:6749bb94.0111290612.45c060ac at posting.google.com...
> Hi again,
>
> Reading now a new email on the group "Strange Tkinter behaviour"
> I realized that probably my problem has to do with the Tkinger widget.
> So, I just inserted a
>     self.text.update()
> and the output starts imediately apparing, as I wanted.
> The widget is sort of "frized" while the .exe program is still
> running (cannot scroll), but perhaps I can arrange that later.
>
> Anyway, pointing out the difference between readline() and readlines() was
> absolutely right from your side. Now that I added .update(), I checked
both and
> only readline() does what I exptected.
>
> So, really thanks and sorry for bringing out the question of threads.
> I just have to understand better some os stuff.

The usual Python rules apply: don't use [X] unless you need to, where [X] is
any complex facility. As the eXtreme Programming community says: do the
simplest thing that can possibly work ;-)

But as far as being sorry, no need at all. Happy to help. It's these trolls
and spam merchants we don't like: honest enquiries always welcome. The mroe
you learn, the more c.l.py questions you can answer!

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/