[ANNOUNCE] Version 1.10 of the Reportlab toolkit released

John Precedo johnp at reportlab.com
Tue Nov 6 10:42:31 EST 2001

Version 1.10 of the Reportlab toolkit has been released.

Reportlab is a cross-platform library for generating PDF files from
Python, without relying on any third-party tools from Adobe or other
vendors.

The main feature of this release is the addition of support for Asian
fonts, embedding your own Type-1 fonts and using custom encodings.
These have been available in our developer CVS snapshots in the past,
but are now robust enough to be considered non-experimental. While
stable, they will continue to be improved and expanded in the future.

Other features include improvements to the graphics/charts subpackage
(our growing library of business charting diagrams) including
improvements to the shading options for barcharts, and improvements to
flags and symbols under graphics/widgets (our reusable widget
libraries).

The Reportlab library is Open Source (under a FreeBSD-like license),
and comes with full documentation (which now covers font embedding in
detail and using the new Asian fonts capabilities).

Reportlab now allows you to create professional, portable and
_international_ documents. Download it from:
http://www.reportlab.com/download.html
or using anonymous FTP from:
ftp://ftp.reportlab.com/

The discussion group for the project is