Sending EOF (CTRL-D) to a subprocess

Grant Edwards grante at
Wed Nov 21 20:25:11 CET 2001

In article <wsky9l8wjrz.fsf at>, Holger Fuessler wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to send a C-D to a subprocess opened with
> os.popen()?

If you want to send ctrl-D, then just write ctrl-D to the pipe.
However, mapping ctrl-D to EOF is something done by the tty
driver (which isn't involved in a pipe). If what you want to do
is cause an EOF, then close the pipe.

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Now that we're
                                  at               in LOVE, you can BUY
                                 this GOLDFISH for a 48%