PHP vs. Python/comp.lang.php?

Suchandra Thapa ssthapa at classes.cs.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 30 16:08:55 EST 2001

Bill Anderson <anderson at hp.com> wrote:
>> 	Actually, there are template based packages for php, and it isn't
>> too difficult to create a new template handling class if you don't like
>> the existing ones.  To be fairly, a standard python cgi will also force
>> you to mix presentation and logic since all your html will be in print
>> or stdout.write statements inside your script.
>
>Not true. There are likewise a number of templating packages for Python that
>allowing you to "keep 'em separated".

    I was commenting on the standard python distribution in reference to the
original comment about php forcing you to mix html and code.  In both php
and python the standard distribution doesn't have templating features, however
it is fairly easy to get a module that implements it or to create one yourself.

Suchandra Thapa                       | "There are only two kinds of math .
s-thapa-11 at NOSPAMalumni.uchicago.edu  | books. Those you cannot read beyond