Python execution speed

Dave Cinege dcinege at psychosis.com
Wed Nov 21 03:10:17 EST 2001

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 6:57, Martin von Loewis wrote:

> * Psyco needs more help. Poor Armin is trying to get people
>   interested, but nothing happens. I guess this is *also* an aspect of
>   free software: Even if you follow the rules (publish early, publish
>   often), success is not guaranteed.

IBM has been throwing large dollars at Linux and Python. They are/were
puting large dollars into Java VM/JIT as well.

Sound like this might be right up their alley to fund. Someone
please mention it to the Psyco's author. (This is the first I've
heard of the project.) I have some email addy's of people @ ibm to contact
concerning things like this. Mail me off list..

I'd love to see it happen. If a side effect is a reduced process
memory footprint, that would be a lesser dream come true.

(How about just embedding python into the Linux Kernel?  : > )

Dave

--
The time is now 22:37 (Totalitarian)  -  http://www.ccops.org/