how to access the _psyscho module ?

Michael Hudson mwh at
Tue Nov 20 14:05:00 CET 2001

huber <nospam at> writes:

> i have downloaded PSYCHO on linux and compiled it....  but now i
> don't know what to do whith the library !  can
> someone help me ( in detailed form ) how to access the _psycho
> module ?

It's spelt psyco, by the way.

All you have to do is fire up python in the directory containing
_pyscomodule.c (or put that directory on your $PYTHONPATH) and execute

>>> import _pysco

then you can do things like:

>>> def f(a,b):
...  return a + b
>>> ff = _psyco.proxy(f)
>>> ff(1,2)
psyco: new code buffer 0xa061154
psyco: disassemble 0xa061154 0xa0611a0    (76 bytes)
psyco: new code buffer 0xa0611ec
psyco: disassemble 0xa0611ec 0xa061238    (76 bytes)
psyco: new code buffer 0xa061284
psyco: new code buffer 0xa0691cc
psyco: disassemble 0xa0691cc 0xa0691f4    (40 bytes)
psyco: new code buffer 0xa06923c
psyco: disassemble 0xa06923c 0xa069260    (36 bytes)
psyco: disassemble 0xa061284 0xa0612a8    (36 bytes)

I haven't got much further than this yet myself.

Is this helping?

  ... when all the programmes on all the channels actually were made
  by actors with cleft pallettes speaking lines by dyslexic writers
  filmed by blind cameramen instead of merely seeming like that, it
  somehow made the whole thing more worthwhile.   -- HHGTG, Episode 11