[Q] Printing color strings on stdout without using escape sequences ?

Ivan DUTKA-MALEN dutka at edf.fr
Mon Nov 19 10:25:57 EST 2001

Walter Dörwald wrote:

> You might want to take a look at ANSIStyle:
> http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/ansistyle/
>
> HTH,
>   Walter Dörwald

Yes this package does exactly what I want. Moreover, it is very simple
to use.
But it doesn't work on 'old' version of Python (I mean 1.5.2). I tried
to make some change in the source code (not too dificult to understand)
but I've stopped on some internal Python functions (PyObject_DEL or
PyUnicode_check) I think they're only valid in recent release of Python.
I must say that I've never made any C extension to Python

Do you think it would be a challenge to make it work on version 1.5.2 ?

Ivan

--
Ivan DUTKA-MALEN
EDF R&D