Python to compile to Java-bytecode

Toni Gaya gaya at infomail.lacaixa.es
Tue Nov 20 08:58:39 EST 2001

There is any project that allows compile a Python program to Java
bytecode, as py2exe does compiling a python program to a .exe? I know
that there is Jython.. but.. It is a python interpreter writen in
Java, not a compiler of python source to Java bytecode (Althought it
implies compile source itself and support libraries, I think it is the
interesting thing).

Does not someone more think about compile a python program to Java
byte code, and the possibility of merge python and java using soap? I
think it is a important thing to compete against .NET
Or it is obvious to use a python interpreter in any platform, a java
interpreter in same platform, and comunicate them using Soap?!