Try block problem

Michael Hudson mwh at
Tue Nov 20 14:54:50 CET 2001

Jeff Davis <jdavis at> writes:

> I am not sure you understood my question. I wanted to know why the
> "finally" could not be used with "try", i.e. why did the developers
> of python choose to make the language that way.

Because explicit is better than implicit (or guessing).  Here, read
this thread:

and I hope this link to google groups works better than the last one I
tried to post...

  GAG: I think this is perfectly normal behaviour for a Vogon. ...
VOGON: That is exactly what you always say.
  GAG: Well, I think that is probably perfectly normal behaviour for a
      psychiatrist. -- The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Episode 9