Problem formatting Python docs with MikTeX

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Mon Nov 5 13:08:04 EST 2001

Michael Abbott <michael.g.abbott at ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<Xns914E76DDC4459michaelrcpcouk at 62.253.162.106>...

> (C:\texmf\tex\latex\nassflow\manual.cls
> Document Class: manual 1997/02/05 v2.0 CAWCS manuals

> Unfortunately, the import of manual.cls shows that I have a serious
> problem: the TEXINPUTS path is evidently being searched (by MixTex) in the
> wrong order.

MiKTeX doesn't officially have a TEXINPUTS path. If it uses it at all
(and I have never tried it) it probably puts it after the default
(search localtexmf and then texmf).

It would seem you have two choices:
1. Edit texmf\miktex\config\miktex.ini, looking for "Input Dirs" under
   the [LaTeX] section. Prepend you TEXINPUTS path to the one there.
2. Use a command line option. Quoting from the MiKTeX 2.1 manual:
       The command-line option --include-directory=folder allows
     you to extend the input search path for one invocation of TeX.
     For example,
       C:\> tex --include-directory="C:\My TeX" foo.tex
     prepends C:\My TeX to the input search path, i.e. C:\My TeX
     will be searched first, when TeX opens any input file (including
     foo.tex).
       You can specify either absolute paths (as in the example above)
     or relative paths.

I can't immediately check if this option was available before version 2.1.

Dan Luecking