Freeware Python editor

DeepBlue DeepBlue at
Fri Nov 2 16:47:40 CET 2001

"Kemp Randy-W18971" <Randy.L.Kemp at> wrote in message
news:mailman.1004711165.22435.python-list at
> I think of the whole concept of free having many facets.  Imagine a cake
> baked and I was free to eat it.  Now the cake can be made according to the
> following methods:
> 1.  The cook makes the cake, gives it to us to eat, and doesn't share the
> recipe.
I am afraid it is not that simple.  Let me demonstrate Oleg's point where he
mentiones Tivo and replay TV, by a more refined example :O
to show that the exchange of information is much more complex:
Back in the Eigthies a French Physicist, Alain Aspect, conducted an
experiment that came to be known as The Aspect Experiment -
Let two elementary particles interact (the cook, and a consumer); then the
particles go on their merry way; Aspect discovered, in a very distrubing
way, that even though the particles are gone each on its way, that if you
change the state of one of these particles, the other particle reacted
**instantaneously** to reflect the change of state of the latter particle.
In addition to the fact that The Aspect Experiment wrecks havoc on
Einstein's notion of Locality, it shows beyond doubt that the exchange of
information is much more complicated than the sheer notion of a cook not
sharing the recipe with a user.  On the contrary, the cook may not share the
recipe, but he/she will always keep in touch with the unsuspecting user.
The lease one can say is that the world of elementary particles is a nasty
Orwellian World :)