open DOS window and start application

Marcus Stojek stojek at part-gmbh.de
Wed Nov 14 09:27:35 EST 2001

Hi,
I have written a little job manager that is monitoring and starting
very time consuming simulation jobs (separate application). This
application has to be started in a DOS window.

How can I open such a DOS window?

How can I start several jobs (one after the other) in THIS window?
(not open new windows for each job)

How can I change the current dir in this window?

I tried: os.system("start application [-parameter] jobname")
which works fine for one job. But i can't change directories and i
can't start a second job in the same window.

Thanks
Marcus