Process intercommunication

Mikael Olofsson mikael at isy.liu.se
Mon Nov 5 13:08:07 EST 2001

On 05-Nov-2001 Paul Rubin wrote:
 >  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se> writes:
 > > I feel that I am in quick sand here. I haven't got the slightest idea
 > > how to do this. Any help is welcome.
 >
 >  The simplest way is probably with the SocketServer module.  A is a
 >  server that listens on a unix domain socket.  B is a client that
 >  connects to the socket and sends the data to A.  If you use the
 >  ThreadingMixin or ForkingMixin features, A can talk to multiple
 >  B's simultaneously.

Thanks! I'm already there. Greg mentioned sockets, and that led me to
try SocketServer. Nice little module, indeed. It seems to be exactly
what I need. And I will not need to talk to multiple B's simultaneously.
A simple queue is enough.

Perhaps I will return with some new questions after a while.

/Mikael

E-Mail:  Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se>
WWW:     http://www.dtr.isy.liu.se/dtr/staff/mikael
Phone:   +46 - (0)13 - 28 1343