Feature Wish: "%" Extension

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Sat Nov 3 15:23:29 EST 2001

[Tim]
> ... 2.2 feature freeze is in effect.

[Paul Rubin]
> Oh crap.  I had some similar patches I meant to get around to.
> Even libraries are feature frozen?

Yes, even libraries.  Feature freeze is in force concurrent with the first
beta release.  That doesn't mean we won't add new features <wink>, but the
release manager (Barry Warsaw for 2.2) has to be convinced the risk is too
close to zero to measure the difference, the gain too high to be measured at
all, and also convinced that he should spend time thinking about that
instead of solidifying the beta.  In practice, that makes it a pretty solid
freeze.  Exceptions can be forced by people named Guido, but not by people
named, say, Tim.

but-iirc-pauls-are-an-unknown-quantity-ly y'rs  - tim