I just got in!

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Thu Nov 8 21:08:56 CET 2001

Kirk Bailey:
>I want to learn about python, write some things in it,

Welcome.  I've found Python very enjoyable and powerful.  I
hope you find it that way as well.

If you want some basics on Python, you may want to look at

> and show that smug bunch ovver in the perl tree that snakes are way
>cooler than camels.

One thing about Python people is we are less (outwardly ;) smug
then your phrase seems to suggest.  Perhaps that derives from the
influence of Dutch tolerance in the early days.  In any case, you
may want to tone down your rhetoric to be less divisive, as the
sense of coolness varies too wildly to be a useful distinction.

                    dalke at dalkescientific.com