Bug in list comprehensions in Pyhton 2.1.1?

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Mon Nov 12 18:54:17 EST 2001

<http://sf.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=471928>

[Fernando Pérez]
> Thanks for the info! I'll update to 2.2 when it comes out. In the
> meantime there's an easy workaround (as my original post indicated).
>
> Well, at least it's a nano-ego trip to have found a bug in Python after
> having only recently started to use the language :-)

That's why it's very important to immerse yourself in Python at the start,
at least 24 hours each day:  regardless of software product, it's the new
users who *always* uncover the bugs that have been there forever.  They try
things the authors can't even imagine.  As a special incentive, at the end
of 2100, coinciding with the release of Python 4, we're going to give a
Fabulous Prize to whichever Python newcomer found the most bugs in the
preceding century.  So far, you're the front-runner <wink>.