Python GUI for a C program

Nomad nomad*** at ***freemail.absa.co.za
Mon Nov 5 07:08:54 EST 2001

On Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:52:55 GMT, "rand0m" <rand0m at nelvento.it> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>could someone point me to some good resources -beside official ones- (code
>snippets, tutorials, etc...) that could show me the way to build a Python
>GUI (i'm interested in wxPython) for C applications?
>
>Thank You,
>Lorenzo

You'd probably be better off just using (to follow your example)
wxWindows.  If the app is C/C++ based, rather loose the Python
overhead for the GUI, and build the GUI straight in C/C++.

There are a few tools out there that will enable you to do both
though.  wxDesigner is a (AFAIK commercial) RAD GUI builder that you
can use for either C/C++ or python (via wxWindows / wxPython
respectively), or there is also the QT toolkit (non-commercial
versions available) which includes the qtDesigner, a C/C++ GUI builder
that has python bindings.  Both of the above solutions will allow you
to prototype GUI's in python, but still (later) compile the GUI as
C/C++ to gain the extra speed, and (generally) lower overhead of
compiled GUI code.

HTH

--
Nomad

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.