Help with my first CGI program???

Gillou nospam at
Mon Nov 19 21:21:51 CET 2001

cgi.FielStorage() is empty object when called from a command line ! That's
why you got your error.
You can check if you're in a CGI and make some command line tests with this
somewhere in your script :
class cgiItemJoker:
  def __init__(self, anyvalue)
    self.value = anyvalue
if os.environ.has_key('GATEWAY_INTERFACE'):
  # Called from web server using GCI
 formdata = cgi.FielStorage()
  # Called from command line or other (not web form)
  # Provide some test data...
  formdata = {'akey', cgiItemJoker('avalue'),
      'anotherkey': cgiItemJoker('anothervalue'),
# run the body of the CGI script

3BF95D73.2886D584 at