Free Python Server

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Nov 20 03:34:51 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 06:03:00PM -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Stephen> Hey, does anyone know of any free web hosting solutions that
>     Stephen> offer Python, and no banners or pop-up ads?
>
> I hate to play the devil's advocate here, but if they don't charge for their
> web hosting and don't put up ads, how are they supposed to make the money
> necessary to keep offering their services to you?  Oh, right, they take your
> personal info and sell it to direct marketing folks.

   http://www.port5.com/ does this - 15 megs, no banner, ftp access, email
forwarding, statistics - all for free. But no Python.

   There are few Russian free webservers providers that have no Python, but
have shell access, so I just installed Python myself. I am pretty sure
there other, not Russian providers. Of course, there are banners and all
that.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru