Steve Irwin (was: Australian Disco)

Andy Todd andy47 at halfcooked.com
Thu Nov 8 01:45:53 EST 2001

"Delaney, Timothy" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote in
<mailman.1005177489.9453.python-list at python.org>:

>> From: Fredrik Lundh [mailto:fredrik at pythonware.com]
>>
>> Gary Stephenson wrote:
>> > Umm, I'm not really sure this is a claim we should be
>> making!  Next thing
>> > you'll have us claiming responsibility for making disco
>> popular - and then
>> > they'll just have to shoot us!  ;-)
>>
>> but Steve Irwin is your fault, right?
>
>Actually, much as Steve Irwin is a joke, he's also bloody good at what
>he does. His over-the-top "Australian" antics are soley for the benefit
>of his US viewers.

Hey, the crocodile hunter doesn't put on an act, that *is* him. Have you
seen him on the Sydney Footy Show? That man is the very definition of the
word 'bloke'.

>I still get a shakey feeling in my stomach when I think of him being
>tasted by a fierce snake - even knowing that he lived, that really
>scared me.

Now if that had been Fatty Vautin the cheering would have been heard all
the way to New Zealand, but I digress.

>For those who don't know, the fierce snake is the eastern banded taipan,
>the most venomous snake in the world. Immediately after hatching, it
>contains enough venom to kill 100 rats (or was it 100 humans? I forget).
>An adult human generally has time to walk about 50 metres before death

[snip story of Steve Irwin being, well, Steve Irwin]

Getting this conversation back on track, has anyone noticed that the
Australian cricket team seems to have been taking lessons from their
English counterparts? What a spectacular batting collapse at the Gabba this
afternoon. It makes this particular expatriate Pom proud.

and-lets-not-even-start-on-Bardot-ly y'rs,
Andy
--
Content free posts a speciality