Benefits of moving from Python to Common Lisp?

Morten W. Petersen morten at thingamy.net
Sun Nov 11 15:07:40 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm currently doing some research, to see if it could be an advantage to
use Common Lisp instead of Python (currently Python and Zope [1] are used
to build web applications).

While doing this, Google has provided two interesting documents (search
for 'lisp vs python'):

  http://www.strout.net/python/pythonvslisp.html
  http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html

First off, to save everyone some time, I'm wondering if there are more
papers documenting the difference between the two;  if there aren't any,
I'd like to continue the discussion and summarize the findings in a paper
accessible on the net.

Regards,

Morten

[1] http://www.zope.org