C callbacks ? Re: Is Stackless Python DEAD?

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Tue Nov 6 18:03:36 EST 2001

Donn Cave wrote:

> I had no trouble with Python -> C -> Python, done in the normal
> way with PyEval_CallObject() with Stackless 2.0, and even invoked
> continuations from previous calls.  I don't know if that's inconsistent
> with what you're saying, or not - maybe I was just lucky!

That *sounds* consistent. It's doing things like creating a continuation
in Python(2) that you want used by Python(1) that cause trouble. The
only times I've seen anyone bit by this is when they create a
continuation in an __init__ method, and then expect to use it
from some other method. It's not hard to work around, it's hard
to predict when you'll get bit.

- Gordon