Non-Indented python

Michael Abbott michael at rcp.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 07:25:31 EST 2001

Nicholas FitzRoy-Dale <wzdd at lardcave.net> wrote in
news:mailman.1007091520.21435.python-list at python.org:

> On 29 Nov, Tim Peters wrote:
>
>>> get some wierd error, eventually think to check for tabs.
>>
>> Don't you run Python with -tt?
>
> This at least solves my problem. I had never noticed -tt.

Is there a global option (I'm on WinNT) to make -tt the default?

P.S. Where is this documented?  I can't see any documentation of command
line parameters in any of the standard documentation (ref.ps, lib.ps, etc)
I have, so I presume that
    	Python -h
is all I've got to go on.

There doesn't seem to be an environment variable which can pre-set command
line options, so I'll have to do something more tricksy to get -tt set by
default.

Finally, when -t refers to "inconsistent tab usage", what exactly does this
mean?  I would really like something like to treat tabs (and indeed all
non-printing characters except for space and newline) as syntax errors
wherever they appear in the source.