Python Vim Module - works

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Mon Nov 12 12:00:26 EST 2001

I got it all to work. Thanks to a contribution by Tomas Zellerin, and a few
more hacks, I think it all looks good.

I need some help to make it professional.

It's 2:00 AM here in Seoul, so I won't be getting any answers out for a few
hours... =)
If you can get it to compile (just edit the Makefile to make it point to
the right place...) try this with Vim 6.0:

$ gvim --servername TEST
$ python
>>> import vim
>>> vim.list()
['TEST']
>>> vim.send('TEST', 'iHello World!<ESC>')

You should see the string "Hello World!" neatly typed into the newly opened
vim window!!!

Sorry, X11 only right now...

Jonathan

[ Note: This was cross-posted to vim-dev and python-list so I can go to bed
sooner... ]