dynamic parameters

Luiz Carlos Silveira luiz at fabricadigital.com.br
Fri Nov 23 17:17:17 EST 2001

Hello,

        I was given the task of mixing Python with Lua (a
configuration language -- www.lua.org).
        I already can call Lua functions from Python, but I have a
problem when calling Python functions from Lua. My problem is that
when I call a Python function, I don't know which function it is, so I
don't now how many parameters it will take.
        My question is: how can I pass (dynamically) all the
parameters that the function should receive?
        I'm using the Py_BuildValue function. As far as I could see,
this function only allows me to pass a determined number of
parameters.
I couldn't figure out how I could call it twice or more times (like in
a loop) and add each parameter dynamically.

        I searched the docs but had no success. If someone knows where
I can find it, please give me a link.

Thanks
Luiz.
~