newbie Python OO vs Tcl

Chris Liechti cliechti at
Fri Nov 9 22:03:10 CET 2001

[posted and mailed]

"b t" <icbt at> wrote in
news:mailman.1005338712.31805.python-list at
> Hi,
> I am having the argument of whether I should use Python or Tcl for
> extend a C++ class library.
> Considering the followings are Python's advantages:
> Object oriented
> Class
> Module
> Type extension
> Class exntension by Boost.Python

add a great, frendly and competent newsgroup.
and realy simple to embedd and/or extend in C (C++)

> Is there anything similar in Tcl? So far I can only think of its lax
> syntax...

i don't know TCL. so i would definetly take python and i guess the other
99% in this newsgroup would vote for python too, especialy as this is the
python newsgroup / mailing list ;-)