Hello, question about python online script

Scott Hathaway slhath at home.com
Fri Nov 16 22:43:48 EST 2001

You must create an html form and submit it to the python script to get the
user's guess.

Scott

<Joelmon2001 at aol.com> wrote in message
Hello, I created my first python script that basically asks
a user to guess a number, and if they are correct, it tells them they win
yipee :)
But it works only when I run it at the command line

how do I get such a thing to work online? I get python to work via cgi
scripts
but the line:
   password = raw_input("Password:")

caused this error:
Traceback (innermost last): File "/home/sites/site7/web/test/game.cgi", line
8, in ? password = raw_input("Password:") EOFError: EOF when reading a line

See, raw_input as you know would allow the command line
to ask me to type a number. how do I replicate this online?

Thanks

Joel
PS. If needed, I can post source code, I chose not to in case it would
be a waste of space or redundant