ReXX Style translate() function for strings ?

P Adhia padhia at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 13:03:44 EST 2001

steve at ferg.org (Stephen Ferg) wrote in message news:<b16e4ef7.0111011511.77c0641e at posting.google.com>...

That's pretty close to what I ended up writing. However, I found out
that, you need to watch out for "None"; otherwise, len() function
fails. I can't imagine why one would use None for pad, but...

if pad != None and len(pad) != 1:
.
.
.

> I'm working on a Python module called rexx.py that implements
> REXX-like functions in Python.  I will post it on my web page this
> evening, at
> http://www.ferg.org

>From what I have seen so far, this is an impressive effort. Definitely
a good exercise to familiarize yourself with new language.

P. Adhia