Michal Wallace sabren at
Thu Nov 15 21:46:43 CET 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Richard West wrote:

> I was looking into PIDDLE today and it seems the only web
> address I could find is a little out dated:
> Is this a dead project?  Are there any alternative
> competing projects?  Does anyone know if this will work
> bug free under Python 2.1 or 2.2, and the latest version
> of PIL?  Or do I just not have the latest web address?

Hey Rich,

I wrote an aritcle about piddle for O'Reilly a few months

I contacted the current maintainer about a patch described
in the article, and he mentioned that he was pretty swamped
with school. Haven't talked to him since though.

I use piddle with python 2.0 and PIL 1.1.1 and haven't had
any problems.

- Michal   sabren at
Give your ideas the perfect home:
 cvs - weblogs - php - linux shell - perl/python/cgi - java